[CT Birds] mystery bird in Guilford

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 6 21:59:56 EST 2012

50/50?  Really?  Everyone knows, I don't ID hawks that at perched.  I can't tell a distant perched ML from a RS.  For decades, I have resisted the intense urge to toss a rock at a hawk in order to observe its flight behavior.

But why, in the name of the Continental Congress and the Great Jehovah, would anyone think this HY Cooper's Hawk is a Northern Goshawk?

Steve Mayo