[CT Birds] Hammo White Pelican, Crossbills

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Nov 6 22:41:09 EST 2012

Jerry,

Regardless of how you or anyone else feels, the rules for CTBirds are
quite clear.  Posting the location of day-roosting owls, including
saw-whet and barred is FORBIDDEN.  See the fourth point under A Few
Rules on the sign-up page

* Some birds should not be posted for the good of the bird. This
includes day-roosting owls - Eastern Screech, Great Horned, Barred,
Barn, Long-eared and Northern Saw-whet. It also includes nesting
birds, particularly directions to nests.

Anyone is free to debate the rule here on the list.  Anyone who is
free to take it up with the COA board, and the board can change the
rules.  In the meantime, do not post any more of what you posted
today.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT