[CT Birds] Dovekie heads-up

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:49:57 EST 2012

Thanks to Glenn Williams for bringing this to my attention, the
following is a subject line from Massbird as posted by Rick Heil:

"Subject: Major Dovekie flight under way Andrew's Point, Rockport"

I'm sure Rick will post details and numbers later. While this storm
will not contain much of an easterly wind component for Connecticut,
Dovekies are so susceptible to wrecking that this storm still may push
a Dovekie into CT waters. Perhaps just as likely as a coastal sighting
would be an inland find tomorrow, as winds will be quite strong

***OK, as I type this, Rick has reported a rate of 3,000 Dovekies PER
HOUR. Wow...

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT