[CT Birds] What a Day...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 8 14:53:50 EST 2012

I usually do not mention sightings I have at my feeders, but under these
conditions, I must.
First, I have counted more bird species at the feeders this morning than I ever
have in the past.

Plus, as i was writing them down, what shows up at the feeder? 6 EVENING
I listed below the birds at feeders seen today below:

House finch
Purple finch - 5
Siskin - 4
Goldfinch - 4
House Sp
White-t-Sp - 7
Fox Sp - 3
Song Sp
Tree Sparrow - 1st of year
Junco - 30
Carolina Wren
Blue jay - 2 real pigs
Cowbird -2
BC Chickadee
T Titmouse
WB Nuthatch
Red - b - Nuthatch - 1
Sharp-s-Hawk - 1 - who is using my feeders as a feeder as well.
Red B Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
M Dove
Evening Grosbeak - 6 - 1st of Year = 24 species!

And - also other species utilizing the wild berries in my yard: Sumac, Poke,
Grape, Poison Ivy, Winterberry, others.
Robin - 6
Bluebird - 4
Cedar Waxwing - 7 - 1st of year
Pileated Woodpecker

Whats your highest daily total of birds seen utilising your feeders?

Paul Carrier - Harwinton