[CT Birds] Westport Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:58:06 EST 2012

11/9/12- Westport-
Compo Beach - 14 Common Loons heard calling and all off the south facing beach ( most I've seen all at once this season),Ruddy Turnstones, American Pipits,Horned Larks. Surprisingly no ducks or geese.

CT Audubon Tree Farm- 7 species of sparrows including 3 Fox and 2 Chipping Sparrows, NO Crossbills

Also found 8 Black- crowned Night Herons roosting in a tight group in what is probably their "get out of the storm" and winter spot. I'm not posting the location as high traffic would jeaporadize access.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone