[CT Birds] Hosta seeds

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Sat Nov 10 13:18:14 EST 2012

Thought I'd share an observation from last week: the snow preceded my annual yard clean-up, and so the seed heads were still on my hosta when the snow arrived.  Then I saw a collection of many birds -- juncoes, finches, sparrows, all feasting on the hosta seeds.  I didn't realize the birds liked them!  Nice to see they went to a good end.  Maybe that will be my excuse to leave them alone until spring...

Sarah Faulkner

If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them
tasks and work but rather, teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
                           -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery