Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Nov 10 14:05:35 EST 2012

Hello, fellow birders:

A reminder: the COA Sea Duck Workshop will be held at Hammonasset Beach
State Park, in Madison, on Saturday, November 17th, at 8:00 am.  The
workshop will be oriented towards intermediate birders, but beginners (be
prepared to learn a lot!) and experts (feel free to offer your insights and
expertise) are very welcome.  Meet at the Meigs Point Nature Center parking
lot.  We will begin with a discussion session, with handouts, to be held at
the Meigs Point pavilion.  We will then look out onto the water to see what
we can find.  The workshop will focus on the 15 or so regularly occurring
species of waterfowl found on the L.I. sound in the non-breeding season.
The workshop is free and open to the public.  Advance registration is not
required.  Bring a scope if you have one. For information or questions,
contact: Chris Loscalzo at 203-389-6508 or closcalz at optonline.net.

Chris Loscalzo

COA Workshop Coordinator