[CT Birds] Audubon's Warbler Silver Sands SP YES

Jacob Musser jacob.musser at yale.edu
Mon Nov 12 17:02:22 EST 2012

Around 3:30, after about half an hour of searching, Tim Antainitis,
Stephen Spector, and myself refound the Audubon's Warbler in the same
location as previously described.  The bird came down to the ground at
the area with old broken up pavement to the east of the entrance road
(and about 100 yds southeast of the fence enclosed white gas structure).

Frank Gallo and Jim Dugan joined us and we proceeded to watch it work
its way through the surrounding thicket.  Frank and Tim got some good
photos and Frank commented it looked very similar to the bird seen
yesterday.  The bird flew off (although probably not that far away) a
little after 4.  My guess is that the bird has been working the line of
thicket and trees that parallels the entrance road and if it stays
around will probably return to the spot we saw it.

Jake Musser
New Haven