[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Nov 13 23:24:26 EST 2012

Passing them along.

 From Florence McBride:
11/12 Hamden, north end of Lake Whitney (viewed from Greenway Street and from private yards), mid- to late morning:  2 Pied-billed Grebes, 1 Great Blue Heron, at least 41 Gadwall, 5 Green-winged Teal, at least 14 Black Ducks, a pair each of Mallards and Wood Ducks, 19 Greater Yellowlegs, 1 Wilson's Snipe, a dowitcher that I hope returns tomorrow so that I can get better looks at it, Ring-billed and Herring Gulls;  several Red-breasted Nuthatches, many other more common land birds.  I couldn't see the whole lake from my vantage points, so may have missed some other species and/or individuals.

 From Dave Callan, 3 East Ave Norwalk, 11/13
FOX SPARROW under kitchen feeder!  New yard bird!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT