[CT Birds] Westport; WE Vireo Continues

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Wed Nov 14 11:53:28 EST 2012

11/14/12  Sherwood Island State Park, 9:30 - 11:00 am   White-eyed Vireo   Fox Sparrow

     Per good advice, I parked in the pavilion parking lot and hiked northward to a junction of roads with the "Boating Office" driveway straight ahead.  There was a much bird activity so I took up a position in the large grassy triangle on the left.  To my left along the lane going West toward the white barn, there is a sign that says "Parking Area 2 & 3".  After that is a fenced in enclosure with 4 green pick-up trucks and a small building.  Directly across the paved lane from those two locators, the White-eyed Vireo was feeding in the sunlit treeline working it's way SW.  There was also a Fox Sparrow in the loose flocks of  DE Junco and WT Sparrow.

     Storm clean-up work continues and the east side parking lot is still closed as trucks and tractors haul more wood to the model airplane field parking lot..  When leaving the park, the low grassy area to the East of the entry booths was flooding over.  Quite a tide today!

Mike Warner
Wilton, CT.