[CT Birds] Gr. White-fronted Geese

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 16 14:08:37 EST 2012

From Frank Mantlik
11/16 East Windsor, Broad Brook Pond- 5 Greater White-fronted Geese, female Black Scoter, estimated 10,000 Canada Geese. When I arrived 9am, the last of 150 CAGO were taking off to the north. I returned 11:00-12:15, the Pond was filled with geese, and 4 other birders & I searched unsuccessfully for the previously-reported Barnacle Goose.

Somers, farms at corner 9th District Rd & Hutton Rd. - imm. Brant with 2000 Canada Geese, 540 American Pipits.

Windsor Landfill - 500 large gulls (Herring, Great Blanck-backed)-nothing rare.
Sent from my iPhone