[CT Birds] Both Crossbills at Hammo, 11/16

W RUPP rupp at snet.net
Fri Nov 16 15:47:36 EST 2012

On a quick stop at Hammo, a flock of birds came into the pines at the West End parking area,  of which all I could see well enough to identify were white-winged crossbills.
>From Dean Rupp:
11/16/12 - Madison, Hammonasset State Park--In the pines at the West End parking area at 2pm, flock of about 50 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS which flew off to the north, and 2 RED CROSSBILLS perched in a deciduous tree and remaining there when I left a few minutes later.  Also, 3 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES.
Dean Rupp, Killingworth