[CT Birds] Hammo: Snow Buntings, Horned Larks

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 20:02:15 EST 2012

I stopped into Hammo very late afternoon on my way back from NYC and had 20 Horned Larks and 10 Snow Buntings in the Nature Center parking lot.  I tried to get over to the West Bch lot for the crossbills but as I was arriving a ranger was announcing that the parking lot was closing.  oh well!  Another time!

Also had one owl in an undisclosed location who I saw go down into the grass and come up with a rat/mouse/ vole or some such creature.

Also checked out the parking lot where Steve M said he had seen the Grasshopper Sparrow, but no luck.  Did anyone see it today?

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford
Sent from my iPad