[CT Birds] Possible Pink-sided

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 19:03:57 EST 2012

This bird looks like an "Oregon"type junco but not Pink-sided to me. Pink-sided has broader and richer russet flanks that appear different than this bird shows, a different character to the gray hood appearing a cooler almost blue gray, and a richer russet brown back. These things are tough and  age and sex makes it even tougher... But I believe it is an Oregon junco and not mearnsii. Cool bird though and i want to see it.

Mark