[CT Birds] Junco

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Nov 18 07:16:48 EST 2012

Hi Mark et al,

Totally agree with you points. Looks like I got too caught up in lores and throat aspect of the Junco whilst trying to make an ID as opposed to the flank coloration and extensiveness which seems to be much more key to this identification (I thought they looked brighter and more extensive the couple of times it was out in decent light in the field - but the camera doesn't lie). Should have given it more of a grilling, but got carried away with getting pictures and people on the bird. Thanks to Nick Bonomo for his thoughts offline as well.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich