[CT Birds] Stratford Birds

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Nov 18 21:49:59 EST 2012

My yard this morning had more species than I have seen in a long time:
4 Juncos
2 Blue Jays
1 Nuthatch
2 Chickadees
Gold Finch (about 10 - one in transitional plumage with specs of black still on his head)
Monk Parakeets (grrrr...cleaned out 1 feeder and 2 suet cages in no time flat)
7 Starlings
2 dozen Sparrows
3 Mourning Doves
Downy Woodpeckers (2 pairs though males feed and leave and then females comes to feed. A regular behavior of them I have noticed in my yard.)

Broad Street Stream:
1 Snipe

Marshes at Longbeach Blvd.(very few birds out there today)
Cove behind factories had a dozen plus Brants
1 Red Tailed Hawk
1 Red Shoulder Hawk
1 Yellow Legs (RR Track Trail)
Chickadees (RR Track Trail)
2 Great Blue Herons (small pond and RR Track Trail)
Several Song Sparrows (RR Track Trail)

Pool in front of airport runway along Burma Road had one juvenile swan - quite large but very tan.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151259616962439.486646.726347438&type=1&l=a8be568589

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT