[CT Birds] another unusual junco

Rick Gedney rrged at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 10:01:08 EST 2012

This Leucistic DE Junco showed up at my relative's feeder in Bethany, CT around NOV 1st.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100613927779791176997/November62012#

Bird was actually a little robust in size and at first glance made us wonder.  The feeder there is active and they had 4 pair RB GB through the summer.  Their first Evening GB showed up 11/2.  They are hoping for Pine GB this winter for a Grosbeak feeder trifecta.

My best Junco experience came birding in the Medicine Bow National Forest near Saratoga, Wyoming.  1 mile base up to 2 mile elevation.  Nice overlap of DE Junco sub-species -  we had every form..often side by side.

Rick Gedney
Madison