[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Nov 20 22:38:58 EST 2012

Passing these along.

 From Jalna Jaeger and Dave Callan
Monday Nov. 19th
3 East Ave, Norwalk Ct.
FOX SPARROW continues, new yard bird!

 From Ralph Amodei
11/17/12 -  Madison, Hammonasett BSP -- west beach pines @ 40 RED CROSSBILLS & WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS.  Driving towards Nature Center on a leafless tree half down on the left 20 WHITEWINGED CROSSBILLS sunning and preening themselves. Just across the street in some whites pines I stopped and walked in there with the beach and sun behind us a small flock @ 10 RED CROSSBILLS and WHITE-WINGED Crossbills with a male COMMON REDPOLL !!  This was all between 12:30 - 2  PM.
11/18/12 -  Madison, Hamonnasett BSP -- 34 Crossbills at west beach pines including 1 female Red Crossbills 12:30-1:30 PM.
11/20/12 - Southport over I 95 -- Juv Northern Goshawk giving chase crossing the highway.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT