[CT Birds] Junco photos and other birds from today

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Nov 21 18:19:37 EST 2012

I posted some photos of the junco at East Shore Park:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151116576609480.443083.730539479&type=1&l=55a4f5ae93
Starting with #82.  Someone pointed me to the pines where the White-winged Crossbills were hanging out, which were on the road to Meigs' Point.

I heard back from Matt Young and he thinks the most likely types of Red Crossbills I had today were types 3 and 10, although I thought the less harsh ones sounded more like 3 and the other ones were harsher.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut