[CT Birds] Junco photos and other birds from today

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Nov 21 18:19:37 EST 2012

I posted some photos of the junco at East Shore Park:
Starting with #82.  Someone pointed me to the pines where the White-winged Crossbills were hanging out, which were on the road to Meigs' Point.

I heard back from Matt Young and he thinks the most likely types of Red Crossbills I had today were types 3 and 10, although I thought the less harsh ones sounded more like 3 and the other ones were harsher.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road