[CT Birds] Development near Batterson Park

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 21 19:27:56 EST 2012

The town of Farmington is planning to develop an area on Fienemann Rd which includes 86 forested acres, 33 of which are wetlands. Revenues from this venture would supposedly go to support parks in Hartford. There was a public hearing on Tuesday night, but I have not heard any news.

I am not familiar with this area, but some of you may have birded there. If any of you are from Farmington, it might be a good time to put some pressure on your town officials to consider the environment and not just more rampant development.