[CT Birds] Broad Brook Geese 11/21 - Barnacle yes

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 16:49:40 EST 2012

>From Jamie Meyers:
11/22 -- East Windsor, Broad Brook Pond - BARNACLE GOOSE, seen around 4 PM.

Also present were at least 2 Greater White-fronted Geese, the Snow Goose and a female Black Scoter. I did not see a Surf Scoter. Thanks to a visiting Toronto birder for locating the Barnacle in the sea of geese. The pond was absolutely jammed with geese. We would have missed it if it had been further back. There was also a raven sitting on the water tower nearby, just croaking to be added to my East Windsor list.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT