[CT Birds] More Northwest corner stuff 11/23

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 23 11:21:19 EST 2012

>From Jamie MeyersL
11/23 -- Colebrook, Colebrook River Lake -- approximiately 60 COMMON REDPOLLS feeding along the road that runs parallel to the lake off the boat ramp area.
Harwinton, Roraback WMA -- some COMMON REDPOLLS flying over at sunup.

Not as active a morning as I was hoping for, though the redpolls were quite nice.  I ran a route from Harwinton north and west to Goshen and into Colebrook in search of whatever I could find.  Those were the only winter finches I could muster.  A few RB Nuts and creepers but they were missing in a couple places where I thought they might be.  Water birds were very scarce indeed.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT