[CT Birds] Mass. Northern Lapwing

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Fri Nov 23 22:59:27 EST 2012

Jen and I made a quick trip to Bridegwater, Mass this afternoon to go
see the Northern Lapwing that has been there for over a week. The bird
was present and offering great looks (mostly through your scope). The
bird was easy to find; just look for the group of birders!

The Lapwing was in the small end of the large corn stubble field on
Summer Street just at the top of the crown of the field (about 80
yards). We were lucky because just as we arrived and watched the bird
for only a few minutes, it flew up and circled the field then landing
closer to all of us in the stubble. We all watched it for fifteen
minutes at 50 yards before it slowly walked over the crown of the
field, but still visible through your scope.

I will have a few images posted on my blog in a few days.

This was well worth the two hour ride from our house. If you were
planning on going, you won't be disappointed! The fields are easy to
find and the bird is very cooperative.

If you need directions, let me know.

Good Birding,

Keith Mueller