[CT Birds] Directions to the Bridgewater, Mass. Northern Lapwing

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sat Nov 24 08:13:28 EST 2012

If you are interested in going to Bridgewater Mass. to see the
Northern Lapwing, these directions might be helpful:

Here are two ways to get there leaving from southern CT. (we live in

Here is the way we went- Take 95 North to Providence. Take 195 East
towards Cape Cod. Take the exit for Route 44 East towards Plymouth.
Continue east on 44 until you pass I495 (approx 30 mins). Just beyond
I495 you will come to the main rotary where 44 intersects with routes
28/18. Go around the rotary (left) all the way to the fourth exit
which is Route 28/18 north to Bridgewater (the exit is almost
completely around the rotary). Take 28/18 North (for about 2 miles?).
Take a right onto Plymouth St. (traffic light). Take your first left
onto Titicut St. Follow Titicut St past the Correctional Facility
about a mile to where it ends on Summer St. in Bridgewater. Take a
left onto Summer St. and go approx one quarter to a half a mile (you
will see fields on both sides of the road). Look for the birders in
the area. Yesterday we saw the bird on the left side in the corn
stubble near the northern end of the field.

Here is another option to travel there:

Take I95 North through Providence. Go north for (maybe 15 miles?) on
95 until you see the exit for I495 South towards Cape Cod. Take I495
South until you reach Exit 6 (Route 44). Drive east a short distance
on 44 until you reach the rotary....(follow directions above).

Good Luck!!

Keith Mueller