[CT Birds] Joe Gaylor's "Sharpie or Cooper's"

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Nov 24 14:44:19 EST 2012

Since I'm on a roll I'll take a shot at this bird too (
http://on.fb.me/WiZ2u8 ). I think it's also a Coop for some of the same reasons  I mentioned
about Amy's bird. This is a good picture, but does not show most of  the
definitive markings well. However, it certainly appears that the face has  white
cheeks and throat, which would give the overall impression of a light
face, while an adult Sharpie appears to have an all-over dark face and head. And
 as Steve Mayo mentioned about the other bird, the white/light coloration
on the  cheek appears to extend back to the nape of the neck, which is
definitive for a  Coop.
Unfortunately, the tail is not visible and the head shape and size is hard
to determine (perhaps because the bird is fluffed up and scrunched up).

Don Morgan