[CT Birds] Broad Brook Geese, etc

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 14:50:12 EST 2012

At 1:30 PM the Barnacle was still there, along with the snow and a couple of White-fronts. The scoter was a great local find, and I'm saddened that she met her end there. Not surprised, though, as she was sleeping almost the entire time I saw her and never seemed that lively. Given that and the state of the merganser, as Frank described, I'm wondering how clean that pond really is. It does not generally attract less common ducks in significant numbers. I would guess there were at least 4,000 poop machines, otherwise known as Canada Geese, present.

The Colt Park fields had no geese at around 10:30 AM. Land birding was difficult given the wind.

There are no Mountain Lions in CT.

>From Jamie Meyers:
11/24 -- East Windsor, Broad Brook Pond (1:30 PM) -- BARNACLE GOOSE, SNOW GOOSE, at least 2 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE