[CT Birds] Bobcat vs Lion

Patricia Bailey bails at att.net
Mon Nov 26 14:57:33 EST 2012

There was a very interesting article in the New York State Conservation magazine
regarding sightings of Bobcats vs Cougars perhaps a year prior to the dead CT
cougar.  They had two photographs of what first looked exactly like a cougar but
then the cougar turned and in the second photo it was definitely a bobcat.  The
author said if there are no road kills, there are no cougars which was sure true
about the CT cougar.  He didn't last too long with our highways.  Panthers in
Florida are very rare and get hit by cars all the time.  He also said judging
proportion at a distance is very, very difficult.  But as someone said, if it
happened once, it could happen again.  I know I saved the magazine and it's
somewhere in one of my messy piles of conservation stuff....
Pat Bailey