[CT Birds] Some Siskins Trickling in

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Nov 29 12:33:51 EST 2012

For the most part the finch invasion has ground to a halt, pretty much correlating with the day after my article on the subject was published.  Today though, I had 2 Pine Siskins at dawn on my feeder at home in Meriden and there was a quick visit by 2-3 here at the Bent of the River in Southbury.  Also, one really ratty looking Purple Finch has been here since the time of Sandy.   Still a couple of Fox Sparrows as of yesterday and one American Tree Sparrow visiting the feeders.  Pretty slow.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308 (note, I currently do not have a phone at my desk, but will check messages, email is a quicker way to reach me right now)
Fax: (203)264-6332