[CT Birds] Broadbrook Mill Pond

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Thu Nov 29 15:29:36 EST 2012

I went on a wild goose chase today looking for the Barnacle Goose and Greater White-fronted Geese in the Broadbrook/Somers area.  I was able to find 3 Greater White-fronted Geese, a Snow Goose and the Cackling Goose at Broadbrook Mill Pond and another Greater White-fronted Goose at the farm on 9th District Rd and Hutton Rd, but no sign of the Barnacle Goose at any of the other places it had been seen lately.  At Broadbrook Mill Pond there was a birder from Seattle who had been there for a few hours before I arrived and had not seen the Barnacle Goose either.

Jack Swatt
Wolcott