[CT Birds] Still have finches and siskins

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Sat Dec 1 07:47:29 EST 2012

Flock of 30+ Pine Siskins departed about a month ago after staying about a week.  Same with 4 Purple Finches.  House Finches have also declined considerably.  Of the 20 or so Goldfinches that showed up with the Siskins, only about 4 have stuck around.

No acorns this year or last and am surrounded by mature Oaks.  Squirrel and Chipmunk populations considerably down, although the Squirrels did have two broods this summer.  Have heard a Great Horned Owl here for about a week, including this morning.

north Stamford