[CT Birds] The Dovekie is dead

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:52:38 EST 2012

To further elaborate, Frank Gallo spotted an adult Great Black-backed
Gull dragging a/the lifeless Dovekie along the shore of the
Connecticut end of Sandy Point (the sandy island to the east of
Stonington Pt that is mostly in RI). Sadly, to our eyes it was not
visibly twitching/breathing so we could not count it (joking). We
likely just missed seeing it alive!

Seriously though, a sad end for this bird, but not a surprising one.

Congrats to Russ Smiley on a great find/documentation.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT