[CT Birds] Coventry Lake Ducks II

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 17:46:01 EST 2012

Interesting mix of waterfowl on the lake right now:

16 American Coot - not sure I've ever seen 1 here before.
38 Hooded Mergansers - not a common bird on the lake and probably the  most
 I've  ever seen in one group
4 Scaup sp. - lesser I believe. Took a good look today with the scope and
that's what usually shows up here
3 Ruddy Ducks, 1 M, 1 F, 1 apparent immature M
1 F bufflehead
43 Canada Geese - there is a flock here any time there is open water, but
lately there have been very few that I've been able to find
Still no Common Mergs - usually have a count in the 40s

Don Morgan
Coventry