[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park - Snow Buntings Continue

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 2 19:59:11 EST 2012

Our end-of-the-season celebration was held today.  There were plenty of hawk watchers there (well over a century of experience) and we had a great time catching up with old friends.  There was only a wrong-way male Cooper's Hawk right over the site.  Visibility in the fog was down to 0.5 km for most of the observation time (1130 am - 215 pm).

The 5-7 Snow Buntings have been present in the parking lot for about 3 weeks.  A Pipit, 2 Bufflehead in Morris Cove, Long-tailed Duck serenades in the fog - that was about it.

We also had 2 small bat sp.. flying Northwest through the Park.  It's disturbing to see these so late in the season.

Steve Mayo
Bethany