[CT Birds] Crossbills still at Hammo

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 20:45:42 EST 2012

>From Tim Antanaitis:
12/2/12 - Madison, Hammonasset Beach State Park -- There was 1 RED CROSSBILL and 8-10 WHITE-
WINGED CROSSBILLS still hanging out in the west beach pines
I wasn't at Hammo long before I heard about the Harlequin Duck at Greenwich Point and decided to go for a state
bird.  No luck, but we did find a group of 17 (only 3 males) COMMON GOLDENEYES that the male Harlequin
may have been hanging out with earlier (either them or another group of the same species).   I would like to thank
Meredith Sampson for being incredibly kind and helpful during our mini-tour of the area :)
Tim Antanaitis