[CT Birds] confused bat

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 3 18:22:28 EST 2012

I saw a bat this afternoon around 3:45 PM over Meadow Road in Farmington, fairly near the Farmington Meadows.  Allthat I could tell was that it was brown, not red.  There were insects on the wing this afternoon.

Thanks to the many people who sent me details about the chat location.  I was there this morning, armed with precise information on the bird's whereabouts.  Everything was perfect but for one slight detail -- the bird itself never elected to show itself.  I've seen around 10 chats in CT but none recently.  Every time I look I miss.

Not much really to report in terms of stuff I did see.  There was a kestrel at Meriden-Markham Airport and I was able to check of Brown Creeper for several town lists.  RB Nuts (toot toots, to some) were not easy to find.  These guys seem numerous in some places and absent from others that look like they should have them.

Nice day to be outside.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT