[CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club First Wednesday Report 12/5/12

Kristin O. Johnson kriswaxwing99 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:22:44 EST 2012

Nineteen participants joined our leader, Jerry Connolly today at
Hammonasset State Park for a productive morning birding along the shore.
We were fortunate to see the Red and White-winged Crossbills that have been
frequenting the Japanese Black Pines at West Beach and also along the road
near East Beach towards Meigs Point. We saw 34 species birding along the
beaches, the Meigs Point field and the Moraine Trail.
Kris Johnson, Scribe

SPECIES Seen were:
Brant
American Black Duck