[CT Birds] Hammo Razorbill and Loon ID help

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 21:42:17 EST 2012

>From Tim Antanaitis:
12/9/12 - Madison, Hammonasset State Park -- 1 RAZORBILL, 2+ RED CROSSBILLS, 3+ WHITE-WINGED
Here is the Razorbill:
I saw a loon I could not identify in the field, but after looking closely at the photos I think its a juvenile Red-throated Loon.
I'm still not 100% sure on that though.  If a loon expert could let me know what they think, I'd really appreciate it.
Here is the loon:
Also, I saw 4 seals at the end of the moraine trail.  I ran into Russ Smiley, who had 2 Gray Seals at Hammo on Friday.
Does anyone else think the one on the far right looks like a Gray Seal?  Its head looks much bigger than the one to its left.
Tim Antanaitis