[CT Birds] Stratford White Ibis

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 08:14:30 EST 2012

After checking warehouse area I decided to drive along Burma Road where Ibis have been seen.  At about 720 I saw him flying low from the pools at the end of the run way, fly over Burma Road toward the factory direction.  I lost site of him after I made an illegal but safe u-turn.  He was low and I did get a good look of the white underside and long down curved bill.  No doubt it was him.  I looked to see if he was in marshes along road and then headed back to warehouse ponds.  Drove Burma Rd again twice as slow as I could considering traffic and then stopped at Access Road Pool and pond behind 611 office building (private property).  Both iced over but had a few ducks.   I am thinking giving the marshes aren't iced over (neither is warehouse main pond) and that he was flying low that he may be in Great Meadows along Burma Road feeding.  Water was low tide coming in.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT