[CT Birds] Cedar Waxwings, Colchester

Pamela Holden pjp.holden at comcast.net
Sun Dec 16 12:07:19 EST 2012

If anyone is looking to add Cedar Waxwings to their count today, I saw 28 of
them at the Stop & Shop in Colchester.  They are feeding in a tree next to
the liquor store at the end of the building and flying back and forth into
the trees, shrubs, and brush surrounding the area.  Also saw White-throated
Sparrows, Juncos, Mockingbird, Downy Woodpecker, an unidentified sparrow, a
Red-shouldered Hawk did a fly-over, etc.  I was surprised by all the bird
activity in the area in such a short amount of time.

Pam Holden
Colchester