[CT Birds] Eastern Meadowlark - Hamden

Mike Horn mfhorn at att.net
Sun Dec 16 13:43:55 EST 2012

Everyone has a Christmas Count story - Here's ours. We were in "Q" Park off of State St just below the Hamden North Haven border. We were on the South end of the South section near some 10 to 15 foot saplings. The Eastern Meadowlarks (EAME) have been there for years at this time of years but no one has seen them well but me. After hanging around with no luck, Nancy Speht took out her phone opened up her i-bird app and played EAME as loud as she could a few times. 3 EAME busted out of the grass and flew over us LOW. We all got wonderful looks as theyroosted up in the near-by saplings. Arnie Rosengren finaly got a good look at them as everyone else in our section of area M. of the New Haven Bird Club. regards to all - Mike Horn