[CT Birds] Hartford area stuff

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 16 15:52:13 EST 2012

The Marlborough Pine Grosbeak must have been a late riser because I was there around 9 and checked the area for about 20 minutes and could not find her.  Nearby Lake Terramuggus had many Ruddy Ducks, some Hooded Mergs and a drake Common Goldeneye.

Some of this list might be disappointed that the Cedar Hill grebe was not a Western type, but Horned is unexpected at a smallish pond like that so it's not that bad.  For my listing purposes, the Hartford/Wethersfield town line crosses that pond and I was able to see it on both sides, a pleasing result.  The rest of the cemetery was very quiet in the dreary weather.  I couldn't find any of the Goodwin Park geese in a sleet storm but located a female Black Scoter on the CT river off the Riverside Park boat ramp.  in East Hartford waters, I am pleased to note.

>From Jamie Meyers:
12/16 -- Hartford, Riverside Park boat launch -- female BLACK SCOTER several hundred yards north of the boat launch.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT