[CT Birds] Eurasian Wigeon, Seaside Park, Bridgeport

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:53:57 EST 2012

A drake Eurasian Wigeon was with about 55 American Wigeon in the small
ornamental type pond near the bandshell towards the eastern end of Seaside
Park in Bridgeport this morning. Large numbers of American Black Duck
(140) and Mallards (95) were also found throughout the park. Other species
included about 40 Horned Larks (far western end of the park) and 2 Wild

Vehicles still cannot enter the park due to roadway and walkway damage from
Hurricane Sandy,, but you can park along streets where The University of
Bridgeport is located (I parked near the corner of Waldemere and Myrtle
Avenues) and walk all the way to the western end where Fayerweather Island
is located (about a 2 mile walk) if you wish.  I advise having someone with
you if you are walking to the western end.

Charlie Barnard Jr