[CT Birds] White Ibis continues in Stratford

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Dec 19 21:35:10 EST 2012

> I'm almost certain that WHITE IBIS had been recorded on the
> New London CBC (Dec.1979).  Bob Dewire (Compiler)
> should be able to confirm this.

Good memory, Frank.  The CBC web site confirms it.  Count year 80 (December 29, 1979) they had a White Ibis in the New London circle; it was the only White Ibis on record for CT CBCs.

For those who haven't played with the latest version of the CBC site, I started by searching the Historical Results by Species for region Connecticut, all years, for White Ibis.  That told me it was only the one sighting, and it was in count 80.  Then I used the Historical Results by Count, specifying count 80 and New London and White ibis was included.  Of course if I had simply followed Frank's lead I would have only needed the second query.

The site: http://netapp.audubon.org/cbcobservation/Historical/CircleData.aspx

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT