[CT Birds] Just wondering...

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 23:38:20 EST 2012

Paul,

We still have winterberry and holly berries here in SE Connecticut, but they probably haven't been frozen and softened enough to be palatable for the bird yet.  There have been plenty of crab apple fruits and their ilk, but this week, the trees I have been watching at work in Waterford have just been descended upon by robins and starlings.  I suspect that they will be long gone before Bohemian Waxwings or Pine Grosbeaks make it down, if they do.  The cone crop looks to be spotty at best.

Glenn Williams
Mystic