[CT Birds] 12/20 Hammo & vic

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:43:37 EST 2012

Carolyn Sedgwick and I birded a bit around Hammonasset at midday
today. Very quiet overall, especially for passerines. For example, not
sight nor sound of a single Yellow-rumped Warbler. Highlights were a
flyby hen Common Eider and two Type 3 Red Crossbills that flew out of
a pine near the nature center and headed west. Keith Mueller was on
the adult Iceland Gull when we arrived at Circle Beach in Madison.

>From Nick Bonomo & Carolyn Sedgwick:
12/20 - Madison, Hammonasset Beach SP -- hen COMMON EIDER, 2 RED CROSSBILLS
Madison, Circle Beach w/ Keith Mueller -- adult ICELAND GULL

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT