[CT Birds] Saw an interesting sighting today.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 21 20:36:03 EST 2012

Saw an interesting new sighting today.
As we know-this is not a very good wild crop year for the birds.
Well its also a bad one for other wild creatures as well.

Today, I saw a Gray Squirrel stop in an overgrown grassy patch
in my yard, and proceed to eat the seeds from some tall grass!
It was not just tasting them, but set down to eat as much of the
seeds as it could! Did this for 5 mins at least.

This is just another example of what a poor wild crop can do to the species
that are so dependent on them.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton