[CT Birds] Sterling Yellow-Headed Blackbird

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 21:04:00 EST 2012

>From Robert Dixon
12/22 - Sterling yard - This morning before leaving to go to Maine for the day, we photographed an adult female YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD at the feeders. This is our fourth record for the yard and our second record of the year.The bird was in with a flock of 200+ Brown-headed Cowbirds. The bird was observed for at least a half hour before the flock was spooked by an adult Sharp-shinned Hawk. If the bird returns in the morning I will post to the list. PINE SISKIN (50) also continue at the feeders for the 83rd consecutive day.

Robert Dixon
179 Main st.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h