[CT Birds] East Granby (redpolls)

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 22:40:27 EST 2012

Seems as though redpolls are widely but moderately dispersed right now.  I've run into small flocks here and there and have been surprised at how just one bird can sound like more than that as it vocalizes.  Haven't seen many reports from southeasterly parts of the state, but I did run into a flock yesterday in Chaplin, so some are in the "forgotten corner" for sure.  Some big flocks have been reported north of us in MA so we might be in for more to come soon.

After an absence of at least six weeks I heard a siskin in my yard today.  I had a few the other day at and near Nepaug Reservoir as well.  Nice to have a few of them around.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT