[CT Birds] No alcids Stratford Point

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:56:34 EST 2012

I thought I'd toss in a negative report for any alcids from Stratford Point
during my watch this morning. The fog over LIS prevented a good view of
most of the area, and I had nothing more on the water than the usual
assortment of loons, ducks, and a few shorebirds. The most notable sighting
was of 6 Common Grackle in the trees behind the clubhouse building, just a
little late for the SM CBC Count Week, along with about 19 Red-winged
Blackbird, all probably spending most of their time in the dump behind
Short Beach.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT