[CT Birds] Gulling today K Mueller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Fri Dec 28 12:43:52 EST 2012

After the earlier reported Glaucous and Iceland Gulls this morning at
the Winsor/Bloomfield landfill, I hit a few spots along the CT. River
on my way home: Riverside Park (Hartford), Wethersfield Cove
(Wethersfield), Cromwell Meadows, along the river by the old Cromwell
Yacht Club ramp (Cromwell), Middletown WTP, Middletown Park (by Canoe
Club) (MIddletown), Higganum along the River (across from Hurd SP),
Haddam Meadows (Haddam), Salmon River boat ramp, East Haddam airport
and by the Goodspeed Opera House (East Haddam), Chester boat ramp,
Chester Ferry slip, Pattaconk Cove, Pattaconk Yacht Club, Cedar Lake
(Chester) and Deep River town landing. Other than the three common
species of Gulls- ZERO OTHER GULL SPECIES!! NOt even one
banded/marked/ tagged Gull! Looks like a slow Gull year so far!

The only interesting birds were a gathering of over 50 Robins along
the road to the Salmon River boat ramp, and over 75 Robins in the
trees, bushes and in the field next to the Chester ferry slip.

Keith Mueller